Subtitle

a little bit adventure, a little bit wisdom, a little bit whatever

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Time for a Change

You may know from discussions we've had in the past, or from my semi-cryptic facebook status updates, but for the past few months I have been searching for a new job. That search has progressed to the point that certain people must be told, so now I suppose can speak a little more freely about it publicly.

'Why' might be your first question.  I could go through a list of a whole bunch of little factors that contributed to the decision. But I think that would miss the main point. So let me try and focus on that instead.

Since I came to Utica, almost 6 years ago now, my life has changed in more ways than I can count. What I need and what I want are totally different today than they were then. It's not so much that Utica has changed or that MV has changed. It is more that I have changed. The past few years have been spent digging myself out of a hole, getting to a better place in my life. But in the process, this place is no longer a good fit for me.

So much like my students, it is time to graduate and move on to the next stage of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment