Subtitle

a little bit adventure, a little bit wisdom, a little bit whatever

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time to Make the Donuts

Everybody goes through ups and downs in their lives. It's no secret or surprise that after Deb passed it was a very tough time for me. The mantra that I got from a lot of different sources is "fake it until you make it". That is, keep going through the motions until it gets better.

At the time, I was finding it difficult even to get out of bed in the morning. But there was work to be done and things to do. It made me think of an old commercial by Dunkin Donuts.



Wow. That's old. Anyways, that's what I told myself every morning I woke up not wanting to face the world. "Time to make the donuts." Basically, it didn't matter that I didn't want to get up. I had to anyways. Those donuts weren't going to make themselves.

I wish there were some great wisdom in that but sometimes you just need something to hang onto until the storm has passed. Here's another favorite (and more current) version of the same idea. "Move Along" by The All-American Rejects.

No comments:

Post a Comment